Elote - Spiced Corn in a Cup

Elote - Spiced Corn in a Cup

Queso Blanco - Elote - Spiced Corn in a Cup

Good evening. Today, I learned about Queso Blanco - Elote - Spiced Corn in a Cup. Which may be very helpful to me and you.

Elote was a favorite snack when I lived in Chihuahua as a child. No one I knew made it at home then - it was totally the province of the road vendors. "Street snacks" weren't made at home - meals were made at home. But I love this particular snack. I used to refuse ice cream in favor of elote.

What I said. It shouldn't be the conclusion that the real about Queso Blanco . You read this article for information about what you need to know is Queso Blanco .

Queso Blanco

In those pre-Nafta days, typical "American" road seller snacks like Popsicles or hot dogs were best avoided in Mexico, as they were at best cheap imitations. In fact, even today I'll pick the weird-looking local foods when I travel, betting that the more customary the food is to the locals, the good and healthier it will be - and I've rarely been wrong.

Anyway, elote is corn in a cup, and it's very straightforward to make. It's probably not very good for you, and some of my friends just think it's bizarre. But I love it. Here's how to make a quick particular serving:

1 can Niblets corn (or any sweet corn), drained
1 ounce queso blanco or Honduran farmer cheese, grated or crumbled
1 tablespoon spice blend (2 parts chili powder, 1 part red pepper flakes)
half of a lime

To a 6-ounce coffee cup, layer in a spoonful of Niblets corn, a generous pinch of cheese, and a pinch of spice mixture. Add another layer, and another, until you've just about reached the top of the cup. Cover the cup with a napkin or paper towel. Place the cup in the microwave and cook on high for 1 minute. Carefully remove, take off the paper towel, and squeeze the lime half over the corn. Stir and eat.

(Note: There is also elote served on the cob - I've never tried it, but given the opportunity I sure as hell would. Spiced corn on the cob? Yes!)

I hope you have new knowledge about Queso Blanco . Where you can put to use within your daily life. And most importantly, your reaction is passed about Queso Blanco . Read more.. Elote - Spiced Corn in a Cup.

No comments:

Post a Comment